Time: Full day workshop
Location: Wellington Central, but can also be delivered remotely.
Register your interest before Friday 15th April and get 10% off any workshop.
Our workshops will take place between July-September 2022. Dates for sessions will be confirmed once we have an idea of how many people are interested in attending.
Got a team that wants to come along? Groups of 4 or more get a 10% discount.
Fill out the form at the bottom of this page to register your interest in our content design basics workshop.
Who's it for
People who write and support writing digital content for websites, apps, or any other tool. You could be a:
- content designer
- product owner
- project manager
- communications specialist
- digital advisor
- marketing specialist
- visual designer
- experience or service designer.
Open to beginner and intermediate practitioners.
What you'll learn
At the end of this workshop you’ll understand:
- what content design is, and what it isn’t
- user needs and how to make your content user-focused
- how we read and find information online
- how to write good digital content, including plain English and content structure
- what makes accessible and inclusive content, including in te reo Māori
- more about sustainable content
- the basics of information architecture
- how to create UX microcopy
- the basics of tools such as Google Analytics and Google Trends and how to use data to improve content
- how to work with SMEs
- more about prototyping and testing content
- how to manage the content lifecycle.
You’ll also get some handy templates and guides to takeaway and help you put what you’ve learnt into practice.